If your school, class or group in unable to attend a visit to Benjamin Franklin House, fear not! Benjamin Franklin House can visit YOU!
Our fantastic Outreach Programme offers in-school and virtual alternatives to our main onsite offering here at 36 Craven Street. Our Education Manager offers a variety of sessions for KS1-2 students, all of which are FREE of charge!
For schools located in London Zones 1-5;
If you are unable to visit, but located in London, our Education Manager can travel to your school/group as part of our Outreach Programme. In-school visits will introduce students to Benjamin Franklin, 36 Craven Street, Georgian England and 18th Century Science.
You can select the theme of the visit from our list of workshops below;
- Inside Benjamin Franklin’s House – (KS1&2) Pupils explore Georgian architecture, history and culture as they create their very own Georgian townhouses in the style of Benjamin Franklin House.
- Become and Inventor – (KS2) Pupils explore the various inventions and innovations of Benjamin Franklin before being invited to follow in his footsteps and create their very own.
- Look at Me! – (KS1&2) Pupils explore the art or Georgian portraiture with an introduction to some exciting Art History skills before creating a portrait/collage of themselves.
Classroom visit timings; 60-90mins per session.
Up to 30 pupils per session.
If you would like to book a free in-school visit, please complete our In-School Booking Form.
For schools located outside of London or the UK:
We also offer a virtual visit from our Education Manager that includes an overview of the life of Benjamin Franklin, a tour of Benjamin Franklin House, and a Science demonstration of your choice!
These demonstrations are;
- The True Nature of Lightning – Recreating Franklin’s experiments with electricity using a Tesla Coil and a miniature kite and key!
- Inventing the Armonica – An exploration into the topic of Sound as well as the musical instrument he created here at 36 Craven Street, the Glass Armonica!
Virtual offer timings; 60mins per session.
Format; Available via Zoom, Teams or GoogleMeet.
If you would like to book a free virtual visit, please complete our Virtual Visit Booking Form.
For more information, or to book, please contact our Education Manager.